Thursday, June 3, 2010

The First Step

This is my first post into this blog. I'm going to use this blog as a means to stay motivated and record my performance while I train for the Tough Mudder. I'm hoping you'll follow me as I track my progress and post my results as I work towards completing my goal of finishing this race. I'll be looking for any tips, insults, advice and anything else you think will help me along my path as I go from average to "tough Mudder".

A little background
Enough with the intro. I'll give you a little background on myself. My name is Adam Gainer. I recently just started paying attention to my health and increasing my fitness. I run and lift generally 6 times a week. While initially my goal was to "lose weight"(I wanted to get down from 210 to 171). Since the beginning of my "journey" I've lost 24 lbs and I am still losing fat / weight and becoming leaner and stronger. I figured entry into the Tough Mudder race would be a good goal and motivator for me to keep working out and not be such a fat ass.

What you can expect from this blog
I'll be using this blog in a number of capacities. Foremost I'll be using it as a means to track my progress and let others critique my workout. I'll also be using it as a way to explore my diet and let other people interject their thoughts as well as maybe get some ideas for their own. In the diet portion I'll also post recipes I come across / make up. Each week I'll be watching a "motivational" movie and will post my thoughts and what makes that movie awesome. I'll also include music that I listen to for inspiration.

Well that pretty much sums up the obligatory introductory post. It's time to get off the computer and start training.

No comments:

Post a Comment