Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weekly Training Schedule (for now)

So I'm in the process of working up my training regiment. I looked at the Tough Mudder site and looked at their "get fit" exercise list. After trying it rather unsuccessfully I've decided to make my own which I think will help me prepare all the muscles groups I need in order to be successful.

Here's essentially a breakdown of my training schedule:

Monday
Morning
HIIT intervals (either bike, running or elliptical. 45 secs Max Sprint 1 minute rest. )
Evening
Man Makers x3 (25, 15,10) with 20lb weights
Jump Rope (1:00)
Dips x3 (30,25,20) or until failure
Pull ups x3 (15,10,5) or until failure

Tuesday
Evening
Endurance Run (6 miles or an hour) I'll be adding .25 miles a week ( or more if I'm feeling good).

Wednesday
Evening
Man Makers x3 (25, 15,10) with 20lb weights
Jump Rope (1:00)
Dips x3 (30,25,20) or until failure
Pull ups x3 (15,10,5) or until failure

Thursday
Evening
Endurance Run (6 miles or an hour) I'll be adding .25 miles a week ( or more if I'm feeling good).

Friday
Evening
Man Makers x3 (25, 15,10) with 20lb weights
Jump Rope (1:00)
Dips x3 (30,25,20) or until failure
Pull ups x3 (15,10,5) or until failure

Saturday
I will dedicate this day to specific event training. These days will be for swimming, keg rolling, crawling, keg carries and whatever I generally need to improve upon ( it might be a combo strength / endurance day but at a medium intensity).

Sunday
Active Rest
I'll usually go for a hike or walk around for a while or go for a leisurely bike ride. I know it's supposed to be a rest day but usually the weather is so nice I don't want to just sit around my house and do nothing. I won't be "pushing" myself to get my heart rate rate or lift more. I usually end up eating more on these days and letting my body get plenty of rest.

Is there something I am missing or any critiques of my training regiment. I'd love to learn how to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment