Monday, June 21, 2010

The will of the one...

So this weekend I received some disappointing news. My friend who had promised me he would be training to enter the Tough Mudder with me has backed out (he'll be moving back to Denver). While I originally planned on doing this race solo I had tried to recruit two friends to join me. One of them agreed but he is laid up with a broken neck and now the other is backing out to move back across the country.

This means I'm back to training solo. I will admit I was hoping to have a partner to train with but there are some things a man must do alone. Training for this will be amongst them. I run and work out by myself any way so nothing will change in this aspect. It just means I'll have to work harder to make sure I can beat the obstacles on my own. So for now I only have to rely on my will to get me across the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment